Monday, May 07, 2007

...I'm done? What now???

Wow. I had my last meeting with my Thesis Advisor today. I asked him if there were any last changes which needed to be made before I printed it out. He said no. He said I was a good writer. He said I was done with my Thesis. He said I could print it out and hand it in. He said he was giving me an A.

...I'm still in shock.

I printed out three copies of my 63-page Thesis, entitled, "A Guy Walks Into a Bar: An Investigative Study of the Tools of Humor Found in Aristophanes' Plays and Modern Comedy." I took them to the Honors department to be bound. Wow. Now, I'm carrying a copy of it in my purse, showing it to everyone I see. I know that pride is bad, but this isn't really pride. This is more. . . shock and awe. Amazement. Like, I just can't believe I actually wrote and finished an Honors Thesis. Wow.

I'm done. I don't know what to do. I mean, really, I don't know what to do with myself, not having the Thesis-worry hanging over my head.

As the director of the Honors Program was binding my copies, I said to her, "Well, what do I do now?" She smiled and responded, "That's up to you."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!

Miss you!

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEY!!!!! I am so happy for you. BTW Great Haircut. I love it! You look gorgeous! I ment to tell you when i saw you at church but you are fast at exiting that i can never catch you. Miss talking to you!

Holta

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What now??
Prepare for your Baptism!!! We have to have a potluck after!
H

7:34 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

Congrats Meggie!! This is AMAZING!!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home