Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Best Type of "Happy"

OK, so my Twilight-Zone-Coworker just got a pitbull puppy. She's only seven weeks old. I got to play with her on Saturday -- needless to say, I am happy. Puppy-happy.
You see, there are varying forms of "happy." "Happy" can come from a good laugh at a funny movie, or maybe getting an A on that paper you were so worried about, or getting good news from a good friend. Some "happy's" are better than others. One of the best, longest-lasting "happys" is the happy you get from an animal. Young animals (kittens, puppies, etc) are preferable, but the happy can really come from any little creature that you come across.
The secret is love. A puppy, for example, is the easiest thing to love. She'll meet you for the first time in her life, and automatically she's fawning over you like you're a God. She loves you, instantly and completely. You don't have to do anything to get this love. You don't have to work at getting respect or proving that you are worth loving. It's just there. How can you not return that love?

So, when I got to play with little Nala, the pitbull puppy, I was overcome with love. She is tiny (she fit into my two hands put together) and fuzzy-soft (the best kind of soft) and WRINKLY!!!!! Ohhhh, wrinkles. I love LOVE wrinkly puppies.
So, we were playing. She's the typical little puppy -- all excited, clumsy because she doesn't know her own paws, jumping and sliding and wriggling all over the place. She kept trying to climb up on me, it was awesome. And then, after a solid ten minutes of playing, she suddenly climbed onto my lap and fell asleep. Just like that. She went from crazy excited energetic puppy to asleep in under ten seconds. It was great.

So there I am, with a little, fuzzy, wrinkly puppy sleeping on my lap! OHHHH, JACKPOT!!!! This is the BEST kind of happy that i can think of!!!!! Uhhh, that's put me in a good mood for at least two or three weeks.
Thank God for puppies. Yes, the Lord is serious about alot of things, and He is just and mighty and He is our Judge and all that good stuff . . . but you gotta admit, only a God who really does know how great love is would create puppies. Go find a puppy. That's your homework. Go find a puppy, and you'll find God smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home