Monday, October 29, 2007

Finally Embracing my Nerd-hood

Many of you have already heard, but for those who haven't . . .
I joined the Philosophy Club at school. Yes, that's right. The Philosophy Club. And I love it. I am finally learning to admit, and accept, my nerdiness. My nerd-hood, if you will.

We are designing a Philosophy Club T-shirt (and yes, I will wear it proudly), and a mural which will be painted in the hallway of the Philosophy Department (the idea we're running with is the "dogs playing poker" thing, but with philosophers instead. They will all have a thought bubble.) I am also going on a trip with the club to the American Philosophical Association's Annual conference, in Baltimore or somewhere. We're renting a 12-seater van and driving down, and staying in hostels. We will probably all be wearing our t-shirts :)

In forming the club, we needed at least 15 signatures, so to recruit more students we made some little flyers to put up around school. This is one that our secretary made:


Caption: "Think Outside the Vat - Join the Philosophy Club!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Topher Polack said...

How about a shirt with Schodinger's Cat in a box. Insert a funny line here.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you heard-
The Science Club will be hosting a lecture about Time Travel. It will be held in the lecture hall last tuesday. Hope to see you there.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home